Rates and Regulations
Rates vary according to the cruise theme, length of time aboard, and refreshments served. The goal of this service is to personalize the ride to fit your group. We can sometimes be available on short notice – call us even while eating at a local restaurant to take a ride after lunch or dinner. Want a one-way trip between lakeside locations – call for availability. Let us help you customize your cruise. Here is a bit of how the fees are scheduled:
- 2 Hour Public Tour: $30.00 Per Person (Seniors 65+ are $25.00 and children ages 2-10 $15.00 Children under age 2 ride free) Leaves from Harbor Front Grill – 562 Portage Lakes Drive Akron 44319
- 2 Hour Private Cruise up to 14: $40.00 Per Person ($120.00 minimum.) Leaves from Harbor Front Grill unless otherwise arranged – 562 Portage Lakes Drive Akron 44319
- Sunset Dinner Cruise: $60.00 Per Person, dinner included
- Portage Princess: Minimum number of guests is 20. 20-29 guests $22.00 Adults, 30-45 guests $20.00 per person. Leaves from beside the Upper Deck 357 W. Turkeyfoot Lake Road Akron, Ohio 44319
NOTE: TIPS ARE APPRECIATED.
Children 2 and under ride free – Children ages 2-10 pay the Senior rate – choose Senior when booking and please add a note of the child’s age and weight.
Please call 330-760-0270 before completing your booking if you have questions or for special instructions.
*PLEASE NOTE: While specific boats can be requested, actual boat used may sometimes change at time of cruise and without notice due to mechanical and/or space constraints.
Cancellation policy: Cruises are generally held rain or shine, but in event of dangerous conditions such as lightening or high winds every effort is made to reschedule the event. If this isn’t possible a refund is issued.
Premium refreshments can be provided for an additional charge, and your preferences are considered during the planning stage. We can bring aboard meals to suit your tastes from box lunches to full dinners. Breakfast is available for morning cruises, as well as full steak dinners (groups of 6 or fewer), perfect for a sunset cruise.
Payment methods include cash, checks, and credit cards. Booking online makes departure easier and faster. Split payments can be made in advance by calling 330-760-0270.
Cruises start May 1st and run through September 30th. Trips are subject to availability and times vary according to appointments scheduled. To ensure your preferred date and time, book early.
Rules of the boat:
1. Safety First – every consideration will be made to ensure the safety of our guests. All of the regulations enforced by the Portage Lakes State Parks, the Ohio Division of Watercraft, and the U.S. Coastguard will be observed, and all safety related equipment will be available aboard the boat at all times.
2. No alcoholic beverages will be allowed aboard. Visibly impaired guests will ride only at the discretion of the boat driver. For pub-crawl tour, a designated driver or alternate transportation arrangements must be arranged before departure to protect our guests and everyone on our highways.
3. Our boats are licensed and insured, and our drivers are certified boat handlers. Tours are conducted at the discretion of the captain and may be postponed or rescheduled in the event of potentially dangerous weather, mechanical conditions, or disruptive passengers. Refunds or alternative arrangements will be made accordingly.
Tips: Dress for the weather – wear your swimsuit or summer clothing, but bring a sweater or jacket. Bring sunscreen, hat or visor, insect repellent and other items you usually take to the beach or on vacation. If children are part of your group, please bring their favorite games or toys – sightseeing is less entertaining for the little ones. Child-sized life jackets are available and must be worn by children under 10 years of age at all times.